URM Discussion Groups
The Center for Diversity hosts discussion groups for underrepresented minorities (URMs) and allies with the goal of creating a safe space and an environment conducive to community-building at Caltech.
- Techers of Color: Underrepresetned minorty graduate students and postdocs are invited to come together in community for lunch. This group is facilitated by a licensed psychologist and is open to URM-identified graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. This closed and confidential session provides a safe space to address issues of inclusion and equity. Meetings take place in the conference room at the Center for Diversity. Lunch is provided. For more information, contact Charisma Bartlett (discussion group leader).
- Black Students at Caltech: Compriesed of African-American undergraduate and graduate students. This group is focused on community-building, cultural awareness, and community education. The organization is recognized as a chapter of the National Society for Black Engineers (NSBE).
- Black Ladies Association of Caltech (BLAC): Comprised of African-American women undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, postdocs and alumni. This group is focused on community-building and issues unique to African-American women in STEM.
- Caltech Latino Association of Student in Engineering and Sciences (CLASES): Latino undergraduate students are invited to join this student led club. This group is focused on promoting cultural awareness and community education. This group is a recognized chapter of the Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE).
- Club Latino: Latino graduate students are invited to join this group is focused on promoting cultural awareness and community education.